Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Sandman Can

Artists Statement:
The focal point of this montage is the Sandman himself. He is a figment of my childhood imagination explaining why "sand" would be in my eyes when I woke up in the mornings. My brother always told me it was because I did something wrong. My conscience would enter my dreams and I would have the recurring dream of having to struggle (toss and turn in bed) to get to the wall of redemption (my head-board). If I felt I did no wrong that particular day, I would guess that the Sandman was using the wind, lights, noise, anything to keep me awake so he could reveal himself. Once over the wall, I could sleep and he would be behind me.
I used monochromatic coloring because that is what I saw. I chose the Stickman as the image I seen as my brother telling on me and there was always a troll that wouldn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment