Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Sandman Can

The wind is blowing strong again tonight. I can hear the branches scrape across the window like nails across a chalkboard. I know I didn’t make my parents angry so this can only mean on thing, the Sandman is keeping me awake past my bed-time so I will get in trouble. You see, he needs me to feel guilt or be in trouble so he can get into my dreams and awaken.

The sand is blowing and the dunes are endless. It is not dark, but a strange bronze color that affects everything. If I can only get to the wall without being alerted by the Stickman, I may get to the wall unnoticed.

The only thing that is not constant is the trolls that walk by over and over, looking straight ahead, never helping. They change their looks in my opinion from almost playful to very frightening. I know that I didn’t do anything wrong and that would explain the less frightening troll tonight.

The Stickman is the watcher of those who do wrong and the Sandman is the enforcer you might say. Of course the Stickman sees me, he always does. He is harmless though, I always get by him, it is the wall that’s hard. I wriggle and toss and turn until I finally get over the wall and past the Sandman.

No comments:

Post a Comment